Community Member Credit: swatspyder
For anyone that may dispute the “gains” from doing this mod. gains will only be seen/felt if your stock/current ground wiring is shot, corroded and/or outdated. Long story short. I went out and bought some Streetwires UFX4 Clear power wire from Magnolia Hi-Fi, 9ft of it to be exact. So I cut it to the lengths provided in the installation tutorial (photos included).
Bought some generic stainless steel terminals (4AWG) and crimped them myself. Cost, $19.00 for wire, about $9.00 for terminals, already had necessary tools for the job. $28.00 compared to $50.00, definitely better, but it does take time. About 1.5 hours for preparing and installing the wires if you custom make them.
Benefits that I can tell right away. Stock speakers KICK now haha, but really, they sound a lot better, much clearer lows and better mid/high range. Headlights and all other lights are MUCH brighter! Windows roll up/down faster.
These are the wire lengths for the 98 maxima according to activetuning:
- 14″ grounding cable from the negative battery terminal to the chassis
- 16″ cable is installed from the cylinder head empty M6 threaded hole near the dipstick to the chassis
- 12″ cable runs from the timing cover harness bracket bolt to the chassis ground
- 15″ cable is installed from the firewall to the intake
As for the other stuff…
- Increased Horse Power & Torque
- Awesome Looks
- Faster Shifts on Automatics
- Improved Mileage
- Reduced Emissions
- Stronger & Faster Starts
- Smoother Idle
- More Responsive Acceleration <~~ noticed a difference right away
- Reduced Audio Noise
- Improved Electrical Accessory Performance (brighter lights, windows/sunroofs operate faster, better radio reception, etc.)