Credit: Joey Edwin
You might be aware that Vision One Racing has recently introduced adapters designed to accommodate a K-tuned shifter in a Maxima, Altima, or SE-R. I managed to install one in my friend’s Maxima and the installation process was rather straightforward. Here’s what you’ll need:
- V1R ‘KTRP’ Billet Shifter Adapter Kit $155.0
- V1R KTRP’ Supplemental OE Cable Kit $55.00
- Option 1: K-Tuned Street Billet Shifter Rev2 $400.00
- Option 2: PQY Billet Racing Short Shifter $120.00
- The only modifications required were to remove the four standard mounting studs and drill four new holes for the mount. After that, everything else fit flawlessly.
- The overall feel is vastly improved and less loose compared to the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) shifter. I highly endorse it.
- The only component that doesn’t fit is the shifter bezel.