Member Credit: Voltaire Duran Cacal
With so many questions and doubts about the OBX headers fitting on a 7th gen, I just thought I’d go ahead and post our pics in one place. As a result, we love the added power and change in sound!
The price ranges anywhere between $700-$850. All depends on where you get it from. eBay has some good deals from time to time.
- These are the OBX headers that are made specifically for the 7th gen Maxima (not Altima, not any other gen Maxima).
- There was no need for modifications, except for extending the harnesses for the top sensors in both banks. OBX has the sensors lower and pointing out. Whereas, our stock headers have them higher and pointing up.
- We suggest having these ceramic coated for heat before installation.
- You will need a tune to get rid of the CEL since you will, obviously, no longer have catalytic converters.
- It took a little elbow grease to line up the collectors with the Motordyne y-pipe, but it wasn’t hard. I assume, though, that the OBX y-pipe that these headers come with should be easier.
Note: If you still have your OEM y-pipe, this OBX setup comes with a y-pipe. So it’s actually a pretty good deal.
- Primary Runner Tube: 1.6″ OD
- Collector Outlet: 2.3″ OD
- Flange Thickness: 0.4″
- Runner Wall Thickness: 16 Gauge (1.5mm)
- Sus-304 grade stainless steel
- CNC machined flange
- Mandrel bend for smoother flow
- Individual port
- Dual Tig weld