Member Credit: Matty
Here is a list of parts you will need if you plan on purchasing my V1 Starter Kit and want to finish off the kit with custom items.
- Vortech V1 or V2 Blower (Counter Clockwise Rotation, Straight Discharge)
- The blower NEEDS to have this fitting on it in the front
- Also a drain line on the bottom of the blower
- Blower can be found between $500-$700 on eBay. Search “Vortech”
- SC Pulley: Up to you what size you go with. Stock is 3.6 at about 6lbs of boost. MUST be 6 Rib Pulley. Can be had at Vortech or Ebay. $30-$40
- FMU: The Vortech Unit is probably the best to use. Add a disc and it works perfectly. With the Cartech, you’ll need to set it just right for fuel adding. I think the Vortech is most feezable and easy unit to use. Can be had new at Vortech or www.superchargersonline.com or used on Ebay. $60-$100
- Blow Off Valve + Flange: You Will NEED Both. Can be Vortech or any other type of Blow off valve will work. It also uses the same flange as any Greddy BOV so you can switch down the road if you like. Anywhere they sell new BOV’s or Ebay for used. $150-$200 w/flange
Other NON-Vortech Related Parts
- Super Charger Drive Belt: Good year Gator-back belt Size will be different for every size pulley. Any Good Year Dealer $40
- 3.6 (stock)…….4060705 6PK1790 70 1/2″–71 1/4″
- 3.33…………….4060705 6PK1790 70 1/2″–71 1/4″
- 3.48…………….4060705 6PK1790 70 1/2″–71 1/4″
- 3.25…………….4060695 6PK1765 69 1/2″–70 1/4″
- 3.125…………..4060695 6PK1765 69 1/2″–70 1/4″
- 3.00…………….4060690 6PK1755 69 “–69 3/4”
- 2.87…………….4060690 6PK1755 69 “–69 3/4”
- SS Feed line with T: SS -4AN approx. 3 to 4 feet in length
- Rubber Drain Line: Stock Nissan Part #11823-31U00 $21 **Will Need to be Cut to Fit**
- Rubber Power Steering Lines: This kit requires the installer to install rubber PS lines in place of the metal bent ones that are there from the factory. GXE and GLE do NOT have those lines. I would think 9 feet of 3/8″ High pressure P/S hose will suffice the install. 5/16″ High pressure line will also work. GLE/GXE guys will have to get 5/16 Brake Hardline and Bend a Cooler for the front of your car. Small Pipe bender also needed.
- Small Hose Clamps: Power steering lines, Fuel lines, Blower Drain Back Hose. Local Auto Parts Store $10
- Large Hose Clamps: For Charge pipe. Should need 9 to 11 depending on how you set your Charge pipe up. $1 a piece Do yourself a favor and invest in t-bolt clamps. They are twice the price, but you will not be sorry that you got them. You need to go up 1/4″ in size (so for a 3″ pipe, you need the 3.25″ t-bolt.
- Charge Pipe 3″ or 2.5″: Any type of 3″ or 2.5″ SS or Aluminum Tubing. Then get a U Bend of 3″ for the Upper Bend. You’ll have to do some fitting and such. You can use silicone couplings for the entire thing, every bend, or you can have it welded completely to eliminate silicone couplings. Up to you. You can purchase from https://www.intakehoses.com/
- MAF Adaptor
- In-Tank Fuel pump: Walbro in tank High Pressure GSS342 High Pressure. Part #GSS342-400-954
- Gas Tank Sender Seal. Nissan Part #17342-01A00 $9
- Pancake Filter: K&N Part #RA-0980. You have the option to do a Cold Air System.
- Radiator Over-Flow Relocation Bracket: You’ll need to make this work somehow. Its a simple piece of sheet metal and holds the over-flow bottle behind the battery. Alot of guys wedge it there and tie it to the battery posts. Use your creativity.
- Coolant Line: 48″ of 5/16 thin wall hose to reach the New bottle location.
- Crank Case Breather: The front crank case no longer breaths to the intake stream. A Small filter for that end on the valve cover $5
- Fuel hose/Vacuum hose: Some of this to complete the entire job will be necessary. Fuel hose is 5/16″ and Vaccum hose is 5/32. Any local auto Parts store $10-$15
- 5/32 Vaccum T. Each thing you have will need a vaccum source depending on what your engine bay looks like. BOV, FMU will both need vaccum sources. Local Auto Parts store $2
- Boost Gauge: Not needed, but I would recommend it to make sure your running properly with no Vacuum leaks or Boost leaks. Find vacuum source right off of Intake Manifold NOT OFF T.