Last Updated: 12/18/2019 @ 03:01 pm
Member Credit: Ronny Para
This article will help you install Audi R8 Coil Packs on your VQ30DE. For those that don’t know, Audi coilpacks are stronger and better than Nissan coilpacks. They add better mpg and more HP/TQ. It works on bone stock vehicles or highly modified vehicles.
Nissan Coilpack only has 1 coil. Audi has 2 coils as you can see in the picture below. By having 2 coils it doubles the spark output and can easily handle spark blow out that turbocharged vehicles suffer from. Because it’s outer exterior has a metal body it can dissipate heat ALOT quicker than Nissan rubber which helps with heat cycling. It’s also cheaper than OEM Nissan Coilpacks.
Front Valve Cover
The Audi R8 coil packs fit perfect on the front valve cover and do not require any modification. It will work fine even if you have NWP spacers installed on the front.
Rear Valve Cover
The rear valve cover requires some modification for a flush fit to ensure the R8 plug makes full contact with the spark plug. Since the coil packs now go further in…. they clear the manifold as well which requires no additional spacers.
Audi R8 Coil Pack Advantages:
- 50,000 volts compared to Nissans/Infiniti 30,000 volts.
- Some measure it with Kv so Nissans coils put out 21Kv while VW coils put out 30Kv
- Quicker Heat dissipation. (Because of its metal body construction it can quickly dissipate heat. Nissan OEM body is made out of rubber that isolates heat instead of disperses it.)
- More complete burn of the fuel mixture compared to OEM Nissan which equals to better MPG.
- Idle Stability Improved
- NO CEL (Check Engine Lights)
- BEST PART ABOUT THEM IS THEY ARE CHEAPER $$$ than Nissan OEM yet they are much better.
- Looks 10000% Cooler than OEM Coilpacks
Now the coil packs price varies due to different name brands. They range from $132-$216 for a V6 engine. Below is the link of the coil packs below so you can see the prices and brands. Doesn’t matter which brand you use, I’ve tested them all and they all make the same exact power.
Adapters & Wiring
You can purchase the adapters directly from Rico who is on the Facebook groups.
You can also use o2 plugs from a 02/03 Maxima to make the adapters for the plug. Just have to file down the alignment guide on the outside of the blue connector.
Of you can splice in directly (Courtesy of Jerome Fenwick)