Last Updated: 10/06/2018 @ 07:13 am
Member Credit: Eddy Perez
my4dsc.com attended the New York City Auto Show today to see the unveiling of the all new 2019 Nissan Altima. It looks amazing! The Altima will go on sale in the United States this fall, and it’ll be available in S, SR, SV, SL, and Platinum trims. Pricing details will come closer to launch.
Below is all the key information you need to know:
The 2019 Nissan Altima is available with two 4-Cylinder engine setups (NO MORE 3.5 V6!!)
- 2.5-liter four-cylinder that produces 188 hp and 180 lb-ft
- 2.0-liter Variable-compression (VC) turbocharged four-cylinder that produces 248 hp and 273 lb-ft.
- Regardless of engine choice, the Altima comes with an awesome (sarcasm) CVT transmission. BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
- The 2.0-liter turbo comes exclusively with front-wheel drive ONLY.
- The 2.5-liter comes standard with front-wheel drive, but all-wheel drive is an option.
- So basically you need decide whether you want AWD with no Turbo or FWD with Turbo. You can’t have both! GREAT JOB NISSAN!
- Again 2.5-liter FWD = 188 hp / 180 lb-ft versus 2.0 AWD 248 hp /273 lb-ft
- If we had a choice, we’d go for the FWD Turbo.
- The SV, SL and Platinum trims come standard with the latest version of the ProPilot Assist system.
- Rear Automatic Braking, which detects stationary objects while you’re backing up and applies the brakes to help you avoid a collision.
- Nissan stretched the car’s wheelbase by nearly 2 inches and its width by nearly an inch and cut the height by more than an inch, making the car appear lower than its predecessor.
Model & Options (Updated October 6th, 2018)
- One Edition-Turbo (Each Nissan dealer will get one of these)
Additional Photo Credits: Motor Trend