Last Updated: 01/28/2018 @ 11:18 pm
Member Credit: Lenin Vera
This is the installation of the Axxess ASWC-1 aftermarket steering wheel controls on my Pioneer Headunit in my 2004 Nissan Maxima. I did this write up to document my installation and hopefully help some my6thGen.org forum members clarify the installation process.
The ASWC-1 adapter from Axxess allows you to connect your vehicle’s steering wheel controls to almost any brand of aftermarket stereo, including Alpine, Clarion, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, and more. (Note: your new stereo must have a 3.5mm steering wheel control or wired remote control input.)
Additional Written Instructions & Photos:
- First you will need to find the 16-pin harness plug behind your radio console. Reference photo below.
- Connect the Black wire of the ASWC to ground. You may use the same grounding
point as the aftermarket radio.
- Connect the Red wire of the ASWC to a 12 volt accessory wire, one that turns on and
off with the ignition key.
- Connect the Gray/Red wire of the ASWC to pin 3 of the vehicle.
- Connect the White/Green wire of the ASWC to pin 10 of the vehicle.
- Connect pin 2 of the vehicle harness to Ground.
- All other wires on the ASWC please tape up, they will not be used.