Member Credit: cfr94
This installation process is for a set of Eibach Suspension Springs Pro Kit 6369.140 with 2.0″ drop in front & 0.8″ drop in rear.
REAR END: 20-30 minutes
Tools Needed: Air rachet or air gun, 18mm socket 3/4″ open wrench & adjustable floor jack
These instructions are bases on having a hydraulic lift
- Loosen lug nuts
- Raise car
- Take tires off
- Place adjustable floor jack just under the lower control arm to where it rests with just a little pressure to keep it inplace
- Remove nut & bolt
- Lower floor jack until completely out of the way (The spring will NOT shoot out as you lower jack)
- Push down on lower control arm & remove the OE spring
- Use the OE “lower” bushing with new Eibach spring
- Install new spring with lower OE bushing ensuring you line up the bottom of the spring with the ‘stop’ in the lower control arm.
- Raise arm back into place
- Put nut & bolt back in place
- Once back in place & secured, remove floor jack & proceed to other side.
FRONT END: 2-3 hours depending on experience
TOOLS NEEDED: Air ratchet or air gun, 17mm socket, 3/4″ open wrench
You have 2 bolts that hold the brake in, 1 bolt for your upper control arm, your brake hose ‘clip’ & 2 small rubber grommets
Remove all of these parts (bolts, nuts, grommets, etc)
Then go into the engine bay & remove the 3 bolts (14mm I think) that hold your strut in place. If you have a FSTB, you’ll have to remove this also. Do one side at a time!
6. Remember how your strut arm looks when you pull it out. It’s best to mark each item with a straight line using a permanent marker as shown below after you remove it.
7. Now take it to the spring compressor & compress the spring.
8. Tighten the spring down in the compressor, unbolt the top bolt & remove everything.
9. Be sure you install the new bushing and dust cover before you compress the spring back together.
10. Line up the new springs in the coil & compress it just enough to place the bolt back on.
11. Before front drop: 29″
12. After front drop: 27″
13. Before rear drop: 27 5/8″
14. After rear drop: 27″