LOCK MODE FUNCTION
When the starting operation is carried out five or more times consecutively under the following conditions, IVIS
(NATS) will shift the mode to one which prevents the engine from being started.
– Unregistered ignition key is used.
– IMMU or ECM’s malfunctioning.
ESCAPE FROM LOCK MODE
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Turn ignition switch ON with registered key. (Do not start engine.) Wait 5 seconds.
3. Return the key to OFF position.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 twice (total of three cycles).
5. Start the engine.
Community Member Credit: Eddy
Out of nowhere, I noticed that the trunk on my FX35 was not fully closing. Initially, I thought the actuator was toast and I would need to replace it. When you get the lock, you should be able to hear the trunk latch engage. I wasn’t hearing.
I did some research and found a quick solution. I removed the 15A – BACK DOOR fuse for 30 seconds and plugged it back in. After that, the trunk was opening and closing fine. I may have to replace the actuator soon but at least the trunk is closing. I was worried someone could just randomly open it and take stuff from the trunk.
Hope this helps anyone who has the same issue.
If you need to replace the actual, I found the following information. Adding it here for future reference.
Photo of Actuator