Community Member Credit: Sexima
Things you need to BUY:
- Altezzas (Search eBay / Google)
- Spray Paint & clear coat & primer from Paintscratch.com *tri-coat if needed*
- some type of Circle shape that will cover up the red spots in Altezza’s
- Goof Off or Goo Gone product *Home Depot*
1. View your Altezza’s and enjoy it while it lasts.
2. With the circle shape (I took bowls and matched them up on the Altezza’s and then draw the shape on paper. I taped the front side so it doesn’t absorb the paint in. Then taped them to the Altezza’s making sure no paint will go through. Then put it on the Altezza lights.
*Note*: I didn’t cover up the side marker because I didn’t need them You may cover them if you want to.
3. Spray a thin layer or two of the primer. Try to get a primer that is close to your car color. Let it dry.
4. Use the paint you got from paintscratch.com and spray them layer by layer. The best is to put a thin layer on, come back in 10 minutes, put another thin layer. And repeat this step till you have the whole thing covered. Try putting about 10 layers on.
5. Wait till it dries… Let it dry for about 3 hours.
6. Clearcoat *or tri-coat if you needed* with layers. about 4-8?Whatever floats your boat.
7. Let it dry for an hour or so… after it is dry, CAREFULLY take off the circle thing that you used. you don’t want hand marks on that thing…
8. You will see some parts that you painted that you don’t want. Simply wipe them off with Goof Off product. Do not use too much of it, it will leave little marks. Don’t try to make it too perfect or it will look stupid at the end.
9. Go outside and clear coat the WHOLE THING and it will leave you one shiny
The originator of this Style Tails Pic…