Last Updated: 09/07/2022 @ 05:22 pm
Community Member Credit: Eddy
Just verified this procedure worked on my 1998 Nissan Maxima after installing a new model steering wheel and airbag.
- Open the driver’s side door.
- Put the key in the ignition and turn to ON (but don’t start the vehicle)
- Within 7 seconds of turning the key to ON, push the driver’s side door switch button at least 5 times.
(The DOOR SWITCH is the trigger switch for interior lights located next to your door latch on the car)
- The Air Bag light should go solid…give it at least 7 seconds, and it should begin to blink a 3 second, 2 second on/off pattern.
- Turn ignition to OFF and remove the key.
- Start the vehicle, and wait for the Air Bag light to turn off to verify that it worked.